Video/Acoustics Design & Commissioning
Tony Bishop’s career is still expanding after 35 years. His early experience included positions at radio stations and jobs in entertainment, electronic media and stage production. In the last 20 years, he has been designing, consulting and building complex audio, video and show control systems, and designing acoustical solutions for clients nationwide that include arenas, stadiums, houses of worship, theaters, universities, amusement parks and performing arts centers. Tony has held high-level design and management positions with Dodge Electronics in Topeka, KS, SG Integration in Springfield, MO and many years as a private consultant. Tony has worked with Donnie Brawner, Paragon’s CEO on various projects since 2004.
Tony has been working with Herschend Family Entertainment since 1978 and has designed multiple projects for the multi-million dollar corporation, including audio design for Echo Hollow Amphitheater, the park’s largest theater, and the Showboat Branson Belle, to name a few. During the Branson boom of the 90’s, Tony designed audio, video and lighting systems for multiple Branson theaters. He has designed audio systems and video control rooms for multiple stadium and arena projects and countless church spaces nationwide.
Notable projects include:
- LSU football stadium, Baton Rouge, LA
- Rosa Parks Museum, Montgomery, Alabama
- University of Connecticut basketball arena, Stors, CT
- North Richland Hills Baptist Church, North Richland Hills, TX
- Hammons Field, the home of the Springfield Cardinals
- Joy Church International, Mt Juliet, TN
- Daytona State University, Daytona Beach, FL
- University of Wyoming, Laramie, WY
- Showboat Branson Belle, Branson, MO
- Multiple Facilities at Drury University, Springfield, MO
- Gilleys Theatre, Branson, MO
- Indiana University football stadium, Bloomington, IN
- Family Church, Marco Island, FL
- Kansas State basketball arena, Manhattan, KS
- Municipal Auditorium, Kansas City, MO
- RFD Theatre in Branson, MO
- Columbia University’s football stadium, Columbia, NY
- Crosschurch Pinnacle Hills in Rogers, AR
- O’Reilly Family Event Center, Springfield, MO
- National Museum of the United States Army, Arlington, VA
- News-Journal Center of Performing Arts, Daytona Beach, FL
Throughout his career, a passion for education has surfaced on many occasions. As an adjunct instructor at Missouri State University and College of the Ozarks, Tony enjoyed teaching classes in media studies, including audio and video production. Tony has a Master of Arts Degree in Communications/Electronic Media from Missouri State University.
Today, Tony does all of the video design work for Paragon 360™ to include projection and display systems, control rooms, camera systems, digital signage and show control systems. Tony also works in conjunction with Mark Coble on acoustical and audio design. Tony is a major player on the design side of all Paragon’s projects.